Colorado Tech Weekly #8, August 5, 2013: Colorado is SO great…
Colorado is SO great that ALL 10 stories this week are about Colorado companies and organizations. Who needs national stories when there’s so many things happening here?
- First Annual SofTec Invitational attracts 100 golfers to support Open World Learning [OWL]
- IHS Headquarters in Englewood fills 198 backpacks with their Back to School Supply Drive [OWL]
- Dish Network is #1! Unfortunately, they’re the #1 worst company to work for [TechKnowBytes]
- Boulder-based SendGrid is now a Google Cloud Platform Partner [InnovatioNews]
- Centennial-based Cloud Elements releases developer tool to connect Twilio and SendGrid [InnovatioNews]
- Broomfield-based Webroot combats phishing with RSA [InnovatioNews]
- What does the future of tech jobs in Northern Colorado look like? [InnovatioNews]
- Lakewood-based Digabit receives $3M in funding and a new chairman [InnovationNews]
- Did you know that Europe’s biggest cable provider has their headquarters in Douglas County? [DBJ]
- Online job ads take a dip in Colorado in July [DBJ]
- Google and Broomfield-based Level3 to take over, and speed up, WiFi service for Starbucks [DBJ]
- The New Tech Boulder August Update is out – Happy 7th Birthday New Tech Boulder! [New Tech Boulder]
- 8/7 – Galvanize – 1MillionCups
- 8/7 – Analyze Boulder – Monthly Meetup
- 8/11 – InnovatioNews – Electronics Recycling at Invesco Field
- 8/13 – CTA – Colorado Get Your Business Online
- 8/13 – Galvanize – Civic Hack Night
Thank you for reading!
If know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado, please let me know! Also if you attend any of the events listed, I would love to hear from you!