Colorado Tech Weekly #9, August 12, 2013: Sometimes things go as planned
Ever have one of those weeks were everything seems to work despite the world around you? It’s a little disconcerting. It’s been far from a perfect week, but I’ve been able to get all my homework done, reclaim my lawns, and I even found some time to play some computer games with friends. School starts a week from today for my daughter. I can’t tell if that’s going to make things crazier or easier. It should allow me some freedom to check out some of these mid-week events I keep posting. I’m looking forward to it.
- Denver startup BrightNest acquired by Angie’s LIst [TechKnowBytes]
- Colorado Secretary of Technology, Kristin Russell sits down for interview with InnovatioNews [InnovatioNews]
- Colorado is the place for successful tech startups [InnovatioNews]
- Denver-based Intermap wins $3.5 million contract to create airborne radar mapping solution [InnovatioNews]
- Techstars Boulder Demo Day features 9 great startups [InnovatioNews]
- Broncos head of IT shows how they keep fans connected at Sports Authority Field [DBJ]
- Fallout from the news about the NSA PRISM program could negatively impact US cloud computing industry [DBJ]
- Amazon includes HTML5 apps in the Amazon Appstore [Techcrunch]
- Facebook explains how they make something as simple as a timeline so damn complicated [CNet]
- LinkedIn now allows you to apply for jobs from your phone (OMG! 1 WRK 4 U? KTHXBI) [Techcrunch]
- 8/14 – Galvanize – 1MillionCups
- 8/14 – Denver Java Users Group – Real-time data processing with Storm and Refactoring
- 8/15 – Creative Density – WordPress Happiness Hour
- 8/15 – New Tech Denver – Meetup at Galvanize
- 8/17 – Colorado IGDA – Denver Chilifest Colorado Video Games BBQ
- 8/18-8/21 – CTA – AdMonsters Publisher Forum
- 8/20 – CTA – Selling Simplified
Thank you for reading!
If know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado, please let me know! Also if you attend any of the events listed, I would love to hear from you!