Colorado Tech Weekly #14: Awards (and rain), prizes (and rain) and fancy new things (and rain)
Last week I got to go to the CTA APEX Conference in Denver. It was an amazing experience that every CS and CIS student should have and students should do it BEFORE graduating. I’ll write about that more in a separate blog post later this week.
My hopes and thoughts go to everyone affected by the massive flooding in my state. If you want to help out, go to www.helpcoloradonow.org.
- Congrats to the APEX award winners including Cloud Elements, Connect First, iTriage, and the Colorado Office of Information Technology [CTA]
- Rach.io takes top startup prize for APEX Challenge [InnovatioNews]
- BDNT debuts their Freelancer Search Engine [BDNT]
- Greenwood Village-based ViaWest gets tax incentives to continue expansion [DBJ]
- Raytheon’s GPS III satellite control software developed in Aurora passes crucial test [DBJ]
- Boulder-based TapInfluence raises $5M [DBJ]
- iPhone 5S is amazing, but no one is impressed [Xconomy]
- Twitter goes public [DenverPost]
- Opera unveils new iPad browser, Coast [TechCrunch]
- Microsoft introduces their own personal assistance, Cortana [ZDNet]
- 9/18 – The EdTech Meetup – Fall-ing in love with EdTech
- 9/18 – CTA – Green House Data – Mid-Week Break Networking Happy Hour
- 9/19 – BDNT – Denver Startup Week Meetup
- 9/19 – Mile High AITP – Dinner Meeting
- 9/21 – CTA – Create Denver Expo
- 9/21 – BuiltinColorado – API Hackday Denver
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado, please let me know! Also if you attend any of the events listed, I would love to hear from you!