Colorado Tech Weekly #35: Developer trends. NoCo makes news. Amazon tax revisited?
Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local events every Monday morning!
“NoCo” is trendy shorthand for Northern Colorado which incorporates everything north of Denver, south of Wyoming and not called Boulder. Boulder is not NoCo. Boulder is Boulder. It’s always fun when I can shed some light on companies outside of the Boulder/Denver area.
- Boulder-based Weather Cloud taps new tech and data to give drivers real-time look at nastiest roads [InnovatioNews]
- 3DCIC calls for speakers for 2014 event set for May 28-30 in Colorado Springs [InnovatioNews]
- Louisville-based Bounce.io raises $4.8M to make bounce messages a thing of the past [Xconomy]
- First ever 1 Million Cups in Fort Collins throws spotlight on Fargreen and Intelivideo [InnovatioNews]
- “Amazon tax” revisited. Colorado legislator reintroduces bill to tax Internet sales [DBJ]
- Health care tech business GHX, located in Louisville, sold to private equity firm [DBJ]
- Dice Survey: Salaries and confidence rise for U.S. tech professionals in 2013 [InnovatioNews]
- Top programming languages for 2014 [ImpactLab]
- Microsoft names new CEO; Bill Gates out as chairman [DBJ]
- 7,000 app developers in 127 countries say e-commerce is now the best mobile monetization strategy [VentureBeat]
- 2/12 – Full Stack Meetup – Making a Difference with HTTP
- 2/12 – CTA – CTA 101 Luncheon
- 2/12 – Refresh Denver – Speaker: Scot Przybylski, Senior UX Designer at Slice of Lime
- 2/13 – BuiltinColorado – Built in Brews At Quick Left (Boulder)
- 2/13 – Code HQ – Denver Hack Nite
- 2/13 – RMIMA – Cyber Terrorism and Crime
- 2/18 – Fuse – Intro to Node.js
- 2/18 – Code HQ – Denver iOS Developer User Group
- 2/18 – CTA – Social Maintenance: Colorado Springs
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado, please let me know! Also if you attend any of the events listed, I would love to hear from you! Quick Left was nice enough to post a recap of their Beerfest Hackfest last week on their blog.
You can now subscribe to all my posts by email.
You can also now ‘like’ Colorado Tech Weekly on Facebook!