Colorado Tech Weekly #46: Doing big things in Colorado
Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
Uber moves out of their Galvanize workspace. Dish reinvents mobile broadband. RoundPegg anticipates 10 fold growth in 2 years. This week’s headlines are all about doing big things and it’s all happening here in Colorado and that is pretty awesome.
Top Colorado Technology News
- Uber Technologies exits Galvanize to anchor Industry Denver workspace in RiNo [TechKnowBytes]
- Boulder-based CodeFutures granted patent for Continuous Replication technology for database functions [InnovatioNews]
- Douglas County-based Dish partners with Artemis, a San Francisco tech upstart aiming to reinvent mobile broadband [TechKnowBytes]
- 5 Questions with Kevin Grauman, CEO of Boulder’s RoundPegg [BuiltinColorado]
- Open source wins again: Boulder-based OpDemand closes 3rd seed round [BuiltinColorado]
- Twitter says Gnip deal will lead to tech giant’s first Colorado office [BuiltinColorado]
- Going Local: Elyse Kent profiles 5 local tech companies for your business [BuiltinColorado]
- Tax break for data-center equipment introduced in state Legislature [DBJ]
- Colorado loses its CIO to Deloitte [DBJ]
- Denver-based FORETHOUGHT.net expands internet and hosted PBX services in Grand Junction [PRWeb]
- 4/30 – CTA – Sip and Connect Fest
- 4/30 – Denver Salesforce Developer Group – Salesforce1 Developer Week
- 5/1 – CTA – CTA Day @ The Capitol
- 5/5 – DaVinci Institute – Demo Day for DaVinci Coders
- 5/6 – BDNT – New Tech Boulder Monthly Meetup
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado, please let me know! Also if you attend any of the events listed, I would love to hear from you!