Colorado Tech Weekly #63: A meme, some money and my school
Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
As memes go, the Ice Bucket Challenge is a good one. There are two challenges going on right now that I know of. One is to support the ALS Association, a non-profit organization to battle ALS (known to most as Lou Gehrig’s Disease). The other is to support the Officer Down Memorial Page, a non-profit organization dedicated to honoring fallen law enforcement officers and supporting their families. Just a reminder, you can still donate to these organizations without needing to dump any amount of water on your head. It’s no surprise to me that our Colorado tech businesses and leaders are diving into the challenge with enthusiasm.
This week features some news about funding for local companies and makes me wonder if I have a CTW post that does not mention funding. I’m also excited for Regis University’s new College of Computer & Information Science. I really need to talk to my adviser about that.
Top Colorado Technology News
- Douglas County-based TriZetto may go on the block; deal could be worth $3 billion [DBJ]
- Congrats to Denver’s One World Labs for being named a Top Company Finalist in the ColoradoBiz Top Company Awards [BuiltinColorado]
- Denver-based Wayin completes #IceBucketChallenge and donates $500 to ALSA.org [Wayin]
- Denver’s RxREVU raises $1 million to optimize patient prescription drug usage [BuiltinColorado]
- Denver-based TrackVia teams with Zapier to enable users to build Web or mobile apps to connect Web services [InnovatioNews]
- Sendgrid, Trueffect, Madwire Media, Swiftpage land spots on Inc 500 [BuiltinColorado]
- Boulder-based MobileDay raises $6.6M to cut enterprises’ conference call bills [Xconomy]
- Regis University in Denver to open region’s first dedicated College of Computer & Information Science [CTA]
- Boulder’s RoundPegg gets $500,000 to find companies engaged, culturally-fit employees [BuiltinColorado]
- Colorado’s 5 best tech companies for new developers [BuiltinColorado]
- 8/27 – TechStars – Boulder Job Fair
- 8/27 – Denver MongoDB User Group – SlamData Beta Launch Party
- 8/27 – Data Science & Business Analytics- Bayesian Optimization: From A/B to A-Z Testing & Artificial Intelligence Debate
- 8/28 – BDNT – New Tech Colorado Springs
- 8/29 – BDNT – LAUNCH INTO LABOR DAY BBQ at Fort Collins!!!!
- 9/2 – BDNT – New Tech Boulder
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado, please let me know! Also if you attend any of the events listed, I would love to hear from you!