Colorado Tech Weekly #95: GoCodeColorado and More Security News
Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
I am so excited/nervous/apprehensive/scared/excited for the GoCodeColorado Apps Challenge Weekend this weekend. This will be the first time I say in public “I know how to code. Give me a problem to fix” and just typing that makes my imposter syndrome kick in. Then yesterday I saw who the five finals judges are and that kicked my excitement/nervousness into overdrive. Following tech news in Colorado for 95 weeks, these 5 people are definitely leaders in the Colorado tech community and it’s so awesome that they volunteer their time for this.
So I’ll be spending my entire week at my laptop getting homework done and trying to learn all the things to prepare for the weekend. Wish me luck!
Top Colorado Technology News
- Denver’s Wayin secures major talent with former Spredfast veteran [Wayin]
- Denver-based Red Canary secures $2.5M, helps customers identify actual cyber threats [BuiltinColorado]
- Denver’s Photobucket selects Hitachi Data Systems Cloud Solutions to host & serve billions [CTA]
- Boulder-based Ello raises another $5M, launches new beta version [BuiltinColorado]
- Boulder ad-tech firm Trada shuts down [BizWest]
- Colorado Springs cybersecurity firm, CertainSafe, forms $10 million partnership [CSGazette]
- Denver’s FORTRUST expands staff due to growth, focuses on hiring veterans [CTA]
- Raytheon awarded $700M NORAD contract for Colorado, other states [DBJ]
- Vonage buys Denver’s SimpleSignal in move to dominate business VoIP [DenverPost]
- Boulder-based ShipCompliant acquired by Boston software firm [BizWest]
- 4/8 – CTA – 101 Luncheon
- 4/8 – DJUG – Matt Raible: Get Hip with JHipster
- 4/8 – Go Code Colorado Kickoff
- 4/8 – RefreshDenver – Lizelle van Vuuren, CEO of Effectively
- 4/9 – Full Stack Meetup – Boulder: Full Stack Immersive Alumni Happy Hour & Open House
- 4/9 – Startup Grind Denver – Art Zeile (Hosting.com)
- 4/10- 4/12 – Go Code Colorado – Apps Challenge Weekend
- 4/14 – All Things API – API Challenges & Motivations with HomeAway’s Gordon Weakliem
- 4/14 – Denver.rb – April Meetup: Lightning Talks
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado, please let me know!
Does your Colorado tech company have a blog or newsletter? Am I already subscribed to it? If you answered “yes” then “no”, send me your info! I want to hear about what you’re doing!