Colorado Tech Weekly #107: New innovations and sad news
Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
I mentioned last week how amazing the Colorado tech community was. This week helps prove that. A new way to use technical publications. An open source way to collaborate about maps. New ways to improve job skills. Invisible computers. Gamified prescriptions. It’s all here in Colorado! It’s amazing!
Another thing that constantly amazes me about the Colorado tech community is the “community” part. With that, my heart goes out to the family and friends of Coalfire CEO Rick Dakin who died while on a hike last week. Please consider giving to the Harambee Foundation, a non-profit started co-founded by Dakin’s son, Luke, in his memory.
Top Colorado Technology News
- Longmont’s TechPubs raises funding ahead of United Airlines app launch [BuiltinColorado]
- NGA and Longmont-based DigitalGlobe open source toolkit to harness the power of collaborative mapping [BusinessWire]
- Colorado, Markle Foundation launching digital jobs platform [DBJ]
- Broomfield-based Conga nets $70M investment from New York VC firm [BizWest]
- 5 jobs at Colorado tech companies that come with awesome titles [BuiltinColorado]
- Centennial’s Arrow Electronics perfecting the art of invisible computers through its multi-billion-dollar computing division [InnovatioNews]
- Louisville-based Coalfire CEO, co-founder Rick Dakin dies while hiking near Colorado Springs [BizWest]
- Fortune names Broomfield’s Return Path a Best Place to Work for Millennials [ReturnPath]
- Denver-based RxAssurance, which gamified prescriptions, raises $500k [Tech+]
- Veena Bricker appointed first chief human resources officer for Denver’s Optiv Security [InnovatioNews]
- 7/1 – WomenWhoCode – Denver: Intro to Android Workshop
- 7/7 – BDNT – New Tech Fort Collins
- 7/7 – DOSUG – BBQ Picnic
- 7/7 – Galvanize – Learn to Code: Introduction to Git (Fort Collins)
- 7/7-7/10 – GopherCon 2015
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado, please let me know!
Does your Colorado tech company have a blog or newsletter? Am I already subscribed to it? If you answered “yes” then “no”, send me your info! I want to hear about what you’re doing!
You can subscribe to all my posts by email.
Feel free to ‘like’ Colorado Tech Weekly on Facebook!
Visit directly at ColoradoTechWeekly.com