Colorado Tech Weekly #117: Pushing the Boundaries of Real Space, Sci-Fi Space, Job Space and Spacing Out
Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning (Unless it’s a holiday. I hope you had a great Labor Day weekend)!
Space is all about pushing boundaries and pushing boundaries is a popular thing to do in Colorado. We have the Orion capsule at Lockheed Martin that pushes the boundaries of space exploration. Sphero is pushing the boundaries of robotic toys with the BB-8 and MassRoots and other marijuana-focused tech companies are helping to make marijuana legalization find its footing as an acceptable industry. Pushing boundaries is exciting!
I pushed my own boundaries this weekend and attended the Pebble Rocks Boulder Hackathon. It turned out that I pushed too far and was unable to finish the hackathon. It was very disappointing but definitely a very good learning experience.
Top Colorado Technology News
- SpotXchange re-brands itself to become SpotX [InnovatioNews]
- NASA Orion capsule lands back at Lockheed Martin campus in Colorado [DBJ]
- Denver-based MassRoots marijuana social network files for Nasdaq listing [DenverPost]
- Colorado Technology Association announces the 2015 APEX Awards nominees [CTA]
- BB-8 Star Wars droid by Boulder’s Sphero sells out online; stores may have some [DenverPost]
- Boulder-based TapInfluence planning 40-plus hires over coming year [BizWest]
- Denver remains tech job hub, but momentum may be slowing [DBJ]
- Meet the tech companies behind Colorado’s booming cannabis industry [BuiltinColorado]
- Raytheon has big expansion plans for Colorado Springs, will hire 700 [DBJ]
- Star Command Galaxies, from a company in Longmont, on Steam Greenlight! [WarBalloon]
- 9/9 – CTA – Sip & Connect Fest
- 9/9 – CTA – Software Developers Aren’t All The Same (CTA’s TechHire Series)
- 9/9 – CTA – Talent Series: Launching a Career In Software Development
- 9/9 – Denver JUG – Introducing Watson AlchemyAPI : Ivan Portilla
- 9/9 – NodeJS Denver/Boulder – Building Isomorphic Web Apps using Node.js
- 9/10 – CTA – Private Screening of CODE: Debugging the Gender Gap
- 9/12 – Turing School – Turing Kids, Learn to Code Kickoff Party!
- 9/14 – DaVinci Coders – Building the Tool belt of a Junior Ruby on Rails Apprentice
- 9/15 – Boulder/Denver D3.js and Data Visualization – September Event!
- 9/15-9/17 – GirlDevelopIt [Denver] – Intro to Sass: from Zero to Sassy in 2 Sessions
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado, please let me know!
Does your Colorado tech company have a blog or newsletter? Am I already subscribed to it? If you answered “yes” then “no”, send me your info! I want to hear about what you’re doing!