Colorado Tech Weekly #232: I GOT A SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT JOB! WOOHOO!!
Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
I started these blog posts after I started going back to school for my Computer Science degree. That was over 232 weeks (approx 4.5 years) ago. My last course starts in January and, now, my new career starts on December 4!
It feels surreal and good and exciting and scary and overwhelming and expected and surprising. I will end my 12 year career as a 911/police dispatcher on December 1. It’s a job that has given me tons of stress and tons of pride. Instead of working different shifts waiting for bad things to happen I’ll get to do project-based work from home. It will be a whole different lifestyle and I’m very grateful.
Have a great week and Happy Thanksgiving!!
Top Colorado Technology News
- Cybersecurity workers in high demand across Colorado [CSBJ]
- Chicago app designer, ORA Interactive, to open a satellite office in Denver [DBJ]
- Douglas County-based Arrow’s fast Corvette breaks another speed record [DBJ]
- Denver’s Choozle secures $6M in Series B funding [InnovatioNews]
- General Atomics buys Colorado satellite business, Surrey Satellite Technology US [DBJ]
- Denver-based SendGrid’s public debut sees stock price jump 16 percent at opening [DenverPost]
- Colorado’s bid to lure Amazon HQ2 is heavy on talent and transportation [Denverite]
- Denver’s GoSpotCheck adds $21.5 million in venture capital [DenverPost]
- JumpCloud’s recent investment drives opportunities for us all [JumpCloud]
- From charity to passion projects, this is how 4 Colorado companies do hackathons [BuiltinColorado]
Top Upcoming Events
- 11/27 – Denver Vue.js Meetup – Setting up a PWA using the Vue PSA template and VueFire
- 11/27 – IoT Colorado – IoT Platforms & Security
- 11/28 – Boulder UI/UX – Design Sprints: What I’ve learned from Jake Knapp
- 11/28 – Colorado Data Science – Optimizing Local Government Through Data Science
- 11/28 – Colorado Drupal Meetups – Behavior-driven development with Behat by Ryan McVeigh
- 11/28 – Colorado Product Meetup – Building Personas
- 11/28 – DenverScript – Deconstructing TypeScript Enums with Doug Whitney
- 11/28 – PySprings – Project Night [Food Provided, bring a laptop!]
- 11/28 – Rocky Mountain Angular – Upgrading AngularJS Apps (Revisited)
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado or if you have any news stories or opinions of your own about Colorado tech, email me at COTechWeekly@Gmail.com.