Colorado Tech Weekly #244: Not All Hard Work Gets a Headline
Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
Last week, as much as I was looking forward to going, I had to skip out on going to the Go Code Colorado Kickoff event. Instead I stayed home and worked on the specifications and UX design for my app that I am creating for my capstone project.
My project will be a Software-as-a-Service web app for comic book stores to manage their subscribers (or “pull lists” as they’re called). I’m excited to make it, but it’s a lot of work especially when the class is only 8 weeks long. Add to the fact that my new job that I love involves me working all day and not just waiting for bad things to happen, I don’t have a lot of time.
My headline for this week is my reminder that just because someone, or some organization, is not active online or posting news releases doesn’t mean they’re not doing cool things. Doing cool things requires a lot of work that no one sees.
Have a great week!
Top Colorado Technology News
- Denver-based Name.com’s API v4 is here [Name.com]
- Jim Lejeal joins Boulder’s VictorOps as chief financial officer [InnovatioNews]
- CEO Mike Shehan on progress of the Broomfield-based SpotX / smartclip merger [SpotX]
- Denver’s FullContact appoints Tim Prunk president and COO [InnovatioNews]
- Denver vs. San Francisco: How they compare on tech salaries might surprise you [DBJ]]
- Denver-based Swiftpage recognized as leader in Colorado tech scene by G2 Crowd [InnovatioNews]
- Colorado lawmakers back faster rural broadband funding; CenturyLink predicts rate spike [DBJ]
- Why coders code: 6 Colorado techies share how they got into programming [BuiltinColorado]
- Go Code Colorado: another year of data-driven competition [ColoradoSOS]
- Lessons in hypergrowth: How 5 Colorado tech startups overcame the challenges of scaling [BuiltinColorado]
Top Upcoming Events
- 2/14 – Denver Java Users Group – Ray Tsang: Making Microservices Micro with Istio Service Mesh & Kubernetes
- 2/14 – Denver Software Architects – Serverless Architecture with AWS Lambda
- 2/15 – Node.js Denver/Boulder/Ft. Collins – Introducing Denali: a Node framework for building robust APIs by Dave Wasmer
- 2/16 – Flatirons LGBTQ Tech Meetup – LGBTQ Tech Happy Hour and Networking at The Kitchen Next Door
- 2/16 – Startup Denver – ETHDenver Hackathon, Workshops & Speakers
- 2/20 – Denver Cloud Security Alliance Meetup – Offensive Security in the Cloud
- 2/20 – Learn To Code Boulder – Intro to React
- 2/20 – NewTech Colorado – New Tech Longmont
- 2/20 – React Denver – GatsbyJS and Reason w/ ReasonReact
- 2/20 – Rocky Mountain Angular – Jeremy Wilken: Building Conversational Experiences
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado or if you have any news stories or opinions of your own about Colorado tech, email me at COTechWeekly@Gmail.com.