Colorado Tech Weekly #336: Discover. Learn. Use. Teach. Repeat.
Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
This week I got to lead a talk at work about NServiceBus, a messaging system that we use in our .NET projects. It’s cool that I was able to learn about a thing and use it enough to share it with my coworkers.
And the fun thing about working in technology is that the attitude of Discover. Learn. Use. Teach. Repeat. is one that is encouraged in healthy organizations and the things we discuss don’t have to be tech related. Whether we’re talking about diversity, organization structures, web development, bitmasks or… well anything that affects our selves, our jobs or our community, we can continue to Discover. Learn. Use. Teach. Repeat!
Have a great week!
Top Colorado Technology News
- DBJ Offices: Living tables hidden rooms and surprising wallpaper at HomeAdvisor’s recently completed Denver HQ [DBJ]
- Denver’s Guild Education becomes latest female-led company to hit $1 billion [DBJ]
- Denver-based AMP Robotics raises $16M led by Sequoia Capital [InnovatioNews]
- Two Westminster cybersecurity employees from CoalFire were arrested doing their jobs. It’s shaken the entire industry. [DBJ]
- Is Apple taking a bigger bite in Boulder? [BizWest]
- Broomfield-based Liqid receives $28M in Series B funding round [InnovatioNews]
- Fort Collins’ Madwire receives $16M from CIBC Innovation Banking to fund growth [InnovatioNews]
- Special Report: These are Denver’s Most Admired CEOs for 2019 [DBJ]
- ‘The floodgates have opened’ Denver is poised for more tech growth study says [DBJ]
- Canadian firm buys Carbonite (who bought Broomfield-based Webroot) in $1.42B deal [DBJ]
Top Upcoming Events
- 11/20 – Tech Confluence – E-Learning, AWS, Input Validation [Denver]
- 11/20 – LadyCoders – Denver Wise Women & Wine Wednesdays [Denver]
- 11/20 – Denver AWS Users Group – AWS CDK with Matthew Bonig [Centennial]
- 11/20 – .NET Core and Open Source – CQRS, Event Sourcing, and Microservices Don’t Have to be Hard [Greenwood Village]
- 11/20 – BuiltinColorado – Built In Brews at Adtaxi [Denver]
- 11/20 – General Assembly – Dan Moore: Three Things I Wish I’d Known As A New Developer [Denver]
- 11/21 – Name.com and Galvanize – Holiday Hackathon [Denver]
- 11/21 – denhac – Intro to Penetration Testing Session #2 [Denver]
- 11/22 – Denver Dev Day – Denver Dev Day [Denver]
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado or if you have any news stories or opinions of your own about Colorado tech, email me at COTechWeekly@Gmail.com!
You can subscribe to all Colorado Tech Weekly posts by email.
Feel free to ‘like’ Colorado Tech Weekly on Facebook!
Visit directly at ColoradoTechWeekly.com