Colorado Tech Weekly #348: Creating Quality Software Is Hard
Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
I love pointing out Colorado connections to big tech stories. This week I don’t love the connection but it’s an important story that shows just how hard it can be to make good software. The CEO of Shadow, Inc., the now infamous company in charge of gathering info for the Iowa Presidential Caucuses, lives in Denver and issued a statement which is one of the headlines below but it goes to show that good testing is not good enough if you forget to consider all the things and it’s REALLY hard to remember what all the things are.
Have a great week!
Top Colorado Technology News
- Jefferson County-based Lockheed Martin Space wins $473.8M in U.S. nuclear missile work [DBJ]
- The app at the center of the Iowa caucus result fracas from Shadow, Inc. is based in Denver [Denverite]
- Durango firm, MuniRevs to build tax website for state of Colorado [SCAPE]
- Westminster’s SolderWorks appoints Chris Meyer as Head of Innovation [SolderWorks]
- Boulder-based Zayo gets FCC approval for $14.3B buyout [DBJ]
- Loveland inventor steps forward with A Better Walker [BizWest]
- Denver’s Dev IQ announces acquisition of Notion One [DevIQ]
- Julia Richman appointed OIT chief strategy officer [InnovatioNews]
- Douglas County’s Arrow Electronics preemptively warns analysts of difficult first quarter [DBJ]
- Portland-based social media management startup Cloud Campaign to open Boulder office [BizWest]
Top Upcoming Events
- 2/12 – Boulder Ruby – Ruby’s Relationship to LIPS and NCWIT [Boulder]
- 2/12 – Denver Java Users Group – Ray Tsang and Matt Raible: Choose Your Own Adventure with JHipster & Kubernetes [Denver]
- 2/12 – Refresh Denver – Networking and Presentation [Denver]
- 2/12 – Denver DevOps – Improving Quality Deployments with Spinnaker and Gremlin [Denver]
- 2/13 – NewTech Colorado – Ag Robotics | Are you Sick? | Cancer and RNA |Actuators [Boulder]
- 2/13 – North Denver Metro C++ Meetup – C++ Type Erasure: Why It’s Important to Understand [Broomfield]
- 2/14 – CTA – Level Up Your Tech Career: Listening Intelligence for Leaders [Denver]
- 2/17 – Boulder WordPress – What you need to know: GDPR, CO & CA Privacy Laws [Boulder]
- 2/18 – EmergingTechFan and IoTColorado – Internet of Things: Past, Present, Future [Denver]
- 2/18 – React Denver – Effective Code Review with Doug Whitney [Denver]
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado or if you have any news stories or opinions of your own about Colorado tech, email me at COTechWeekly@Gmail.com!
You can subscribe to all Colorado Tech Weekly posts by email.
Feel free to ‘like’ Colorado Tech Weekly on Facebook!
Visit directly at ColoradoTechWeekly.com